February Favourites

Even though February is the month of love, I've not really been loving many new products this month. All but one of the products from this months favourite's are old favourite's. I just found myself reaching for these older products, but sometimes its good to re-discover old favourite's.

First up is the NARSissist blush contour and lip palette. I really enjoyed using this when I first bought it, but you know what its like. You get new products and end up forgetting about your older ones, even though there just as good. This palette has a bronzer called Laguna, a highlighter called Albatross and three blusher which are called Enrapture, Enthralled and Roman holiday.  I've been using all but one shade out of this palette this month. I've been using the bronzer and highlighter and two of the blushes. The bronzer is a very natural looking warm brown that has a subtle golden shimmer to it. Its a great bronzer that you can build up, to give the desired look. The Albatross highlighter is by far one of my favourite highlighters I own. Its gold and that seems to be what highlighters I'm drawn to, as they warm up my face even more and its very pigmented. The two blushers I've been using are Enthralled (middle) and Roman Holiday (the bright pink one). I've been swirling these together and applying them to my cheeks, rather than just using one at a time and I've been really liking the colour I've been getting. What's great about this palette also, is how compact it is and how perfect it is for travelling.
Unfortunately this palette is no longer available, as it was limited edition. However there is a similar palette available now, but this one has four blushers, one bronzer and a highlight and contour duo. 

Next I have the Bourjois liner pinceau in ultra black. Now I wouldn't quite say its ultra black, its black but its a grey black. If you want that ultra black line, you have to re-go over the line a few times. What I do love is how precise the brush is and how easy it is to do a fine line, a wing or go full on thick liner. I've picked this back up because my all time favourite Kat Von D liner has finally run out. So I decided before opening my brand new one, I would use some of my other liners up first. But it just made me realise how much I liked this one and what a great affordable liner this is, as its only £6.99.

Lastly is a lip duo. I've been using a nude liner, this ones from New Look but any nude lip liner would do. Its just the only one I have at the moment. My favourite nude liner is the precision lips pencil from No7, I just really like that shade of nude. Anyway I've been using the New Look one to line my lips and fill them in and then I've been using this lip gloss from Pixi. Which is the only new product I've discovered in February. I got this out of my Look Fantastic advent calender and this is the first chance I've had to try it out. I'm not usually one for lip glosses. I hate the stickiness to them. I would much rather wear a creamy lipstick or a matte lip. But this Pixi gloss actually feels nice on the lips and there's no tacky sticky feeling on the lips which is great. This is from the Liplift max collection, which plumps the lips but also hydrates them too. The shade I have is called honey sheen and which is a sheer nude colour. That's why I've been enjoying applying it over a nude lip, its just deepens that nude colour and the gloss adds some dimension to my lips. 


I'm interested to know what one of your February favourite's are this month, let me know below. 


With February ending and March beginning, I thought I would start a new schedule and see how it goes. I'll now be posting every Wednesday and Friday, rather than Monday and Friday. Just because it seems more people read my posts on a Wednesday than a Monday, so I thought I would give this schedule a go for a while and see how it works.

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me