January Favourites

Is it me or is this the one month of the year that always seems to drag by? I'm not wishing time away or anything, but this month really has been a slow one. I'm glad that is over with! Not that its been a particularly bad month, its just been a very boring one! I'm looking forward to February though, celebrating my mums birthday, hopefully having a spa day and I've got a week booked off work at the end of the month. Anyway its officially time for 2018's first monthly favourite's and I'm excited to share these with you this month, more than I normally am anyway....

First up and the main reason why I'm so excited to share this month favourites with you is.... The Fenty Beauty Foundation. I was completely unsure if this was going to be worth the hype, but being a beauty lover I had to try it out and see if it was as good as what people were saying. It took lots of deliberating online about what shade I should choose, but I finally picked a shade (which is 150 if your wondering) and wrote it on my Christmas wish list. Thankfully Paul picked this off my wish list and it was waiting for me under the tree on Christmas morning. I fell in love with this after the first time I used it. My skin looked so flawless, it applied beautifully and I had no trouble blending it out. It went on like a dream and believe me that's not something I'm used to saying about foundation, as I do have combination skin so a dry patch can ruin even the best of foundations from applying well on my face. I've worn this foundation a lot throughout January and I'm going to say it...it beats all my foundations in my make-up collection. This isn't just going to be a monthly favourite, this is going to replace my holy grail full coverage foundation. Which was Urban Decay's naked skin foundation. I feel like this foundation is similar in some ways to the Urban Decay Naked skin foundation, due to the lightweight feel of the foundation and the matte finish they both give. However The Fenty beauty foundation stays wetter for longer so you can blend it much more easier, whereas the Urban Decay one goes quite powdery on your skin as soon as you apply it. The Fenty Beauty foundation doesn't just give great coverage, its also long lasting, skin still looks radiant even though its a matte finish and you just don't feel like you've got a foundation on, its so lightweight. 

The next favourite kind of goes with the foundation, its The Fenty Beauty foundation brush. I've got quite a few foundation brushes, but this is one of the best I've tried for my face. The shape of the brush allows you to get into smaller awkward parts of your face, it allows you to go around your lips without getting foundation all over them. Its just a very precise foundation brush, that applies and blends out foundation very well. It's also a very pretty brush to add to my collection.

The last make-up item I have to tell you about is the Laqa & Co cloud lips lipstick. This is another product you don't feel like your wearing. Its a matte lip product for starters, which if you've worn any matte lip products, you'll know that they some can become uncomfortable to wear throughout the day and you definitely know your wearing a matte lip product. But this one you really don't. I don't know how they've done it, but this doesn't dry my lips out like some of them do. My lips looks great all day, it feels weightless and its long lasting. I have the shade daydreamer, which is a plum nude. But because I've fallen in love with the formula of these, I need to buy more shades as we all know how much I love matte lip products and to find one like this is fantastic.

Onto my skincare favourites now. These were both discoveries from the Look Fantastic advent calender. That advent calender by the way was well worth the money! Its one I would 100% recommend getting next December when your on the look out for a beauty advent calender. Anyway where in January at the moment so lets get back to telling you about these skincare products. 

The first skincare product is by Omorovicza, its the Queen of Hungary mist. This delivers long lasting hydration and revitalises skin with just a few spritz. This mist utilises minerals to target the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, to leave the skin feeling supple and feeling refreshed. I use this in the evening, after cleansing as sort of a toning spritz. I don't know if it does what it says it does, but I love how refreshed and hydrated my skin feels after using this. 

The last monthly favourites and the last skincare product is by Dr Botanicals, its the Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil. This is rich in antioxidants and moisturising properties, to keep skin protected and hydrated when it needs it most. Vitamin C helps to stimulate collagen production, Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant that aims to rejuvenate skin, even skin tone and reduce signs of ageing and Almond oil deeply moisturises and nourishes the skin, whilst brightening the complexion. This product feels amazing on the skin, even though its called an oil its more like water. It sinks into the skin really quickly and doesn't leave an oily feeling, it also has an amazing scent to it that just makes me feel happy when I smell it. Like I said above, I discovered and fell in love with this product after receiving it in my Look Fantastic advent calender, but I received another one of these this month in my Glossybox! Which I was super happy about. I love this product far too much, that I think I've been using way too much of this on my face and I was using the bottle up quite quickly. So I was glad for the extra backup. I'm now using the amount it suggests to use in my evening skincare routine, which is three drops. 

Have you found any new products this year that have already hustled in on your holy grail products?

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me