September Favourites

I cant say I've enjoyed September, its getting darker, its harder to get up in the mornings and the weather just cant make up its mind up. However the end of September means the start of October, leaves falling off the trees, jumper weather, Halloween and cosy evenings in. 

Even though September hasn't been my favourite month, I've still got plenty of products to share with you that I have been loving this month...




I bought this towards the end of August and I've been using it ever since. I'd been searching for an eye cream as I'd started to notice fine lines under my eyes and I wanted to do anything that would help slow them down. SubQ eyes promises to reduce the look of fine lines, dynamic lines and crows feet. This also promises to lift the upper and lower lid appearance, reduce dark circles and puffiness. Since using this I've really seen a difference in my under eyes. There is still some fine lines, but they don't look as prominent as what they did and I'm hopeful with continued use that this will help slow down wrinkles around the eye area. I only use this in the morning and I'm sure if I also used this in the evening, I would see even better results. But I don't do my am skincare routine in the same place I do my pm routine, so that's why I have different products and if I keep loving the results of this eye product, then I may just have to buy another one for my pm routine. 



I've been absolutely loving these two concealer together for the past month and a half now. On there own I'm gonna be honest I hated them. The L'oreal one has a yellow tone to it, which you can see from the photos. This is great at covering dark circles as it would completely hide the darkness, but my under eyes were left looking slightly yellow. The Bourjois one was far too watery and didn't really cover anything, it's pink in colour so it's great at brightening but does not conceal. 
I then had the bright idea of using them together, the yellow tone one to conceal and the pink tone one to brighten. This worked perfectly, my under eyes were concealed, brightened and I wasn't left with a yellow looking under eye. I dot the L'oreal one either side of my eye and then the Bourjois one in the centre. The Bourjois one is also hydrating, so it stops the L'oreal one from creasing and they both stay put all day long. As I've used the Bourjois concealer its got much better, its actually thickened up and become creamy. 



You may remember from last months favourites I was really enjoying using the Urban decay primer potion in the shade Sin and the Kiss me I'm tipsy eyeshadow out of the Benefit's worlds famous neutrals palette. Well I'm still using the Urban Decay primer potion in the shade Sin, but I've changed out the brown shadow for a purple one. This is a matte shadow, which is a sample from the larger Meet Matt(e) Trimony eye shadow palette from the balm. This purple shade is a dark purple, I would describe it as an aubergine shade. This blends out really nicely, its an easy look to do and the matte shade looks more autumn ready than he shimmery brown I was using.



I've been using this liner with the purple eyeshadow look I've been doing quite a bit. I've just been applying this under my lower lash line from the outer corner to the centre. This liner is really creamy, pigmented and lasts all day. This does smudge nicely but you have to work quite quick if you want to do this, as when this dries this isn't budging until you use make-up remover. 

Have you changed up anything in your make-up routine for Autumn?


ReRe

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me