My 28th Birthday

Every year I get so excited about my birthday and I get excited about organising something fun to do. This year Easter fell on my birthday weekend, which was great for me as it meant I got a four day break with the bank holidays. However I and most of my friends do work in retail and we do still have to work bank holidays. I luckily only have to work two a year, so Good Friday and Easter Monday were ones I definitely was not working! Paul couldn't get the time off work with it being Easter, so we decided that this year we wouldn't go away. Instead we decided that he would take me out for a nice meal somewhere on my actual birthday and then on the Sunday we would have a house party to celebrate with our friends.

Good Friday I decided was a prep day for me as I was at home and Paul was working. I decided to get treats baked for the party and get the house cleaned from top to bottom, so we didn't have to worry about anything like that on my actual birthday or do too much on the Sunday itself.

My actual birthday morning was quite an unusual one. If were at home Paul would usually bring me breakfast in bed and then I would open any gifts I have and my cards. But with the day before Easter being super busy, Paul had to be at work really early and I didn't fancy being woke up at 6:30am on a non work day, especially not on my birthday! However he still made sure that when I woke up it felt super special. I went down stairs to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast and grab a coffee. In the kitchen I found birthday banners all over, lots of balloons and then on the kitchen table was a birthday message from Paul on my Ipad. It made my morning so much more special. Later on my mum and sister came round and we went into town shopping where I got to spend all my birthday money that my lovely family had kindly given me.

Once Paul got home from work it was time to get ready to go out for a nice meal. Paul booked us in at the Pig & Whistle at healing manor. We've enjoyed an evening meal there before and it was delicious, so I was really looking forward to going again. I ended up choosing the slow cooked pork shoulder which came with black pudding and fondant potatoes, Paul chose the Braised Lamb Shank that came with minted mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. Both of the meals were presented beautifully and they tasted even better than they looked! I would highly recommend anyone who's in the Cleethorpes/Grimsby area to give the Pig & Whistle a try, the food is just so delicious. After we had finished our meals they surprised me with a chocolate dessert that said happy birthday and they'd even put a candle in it too. I have no idea what it was but it tasted amazing! Especially after not eating chocolate for just over 30 days!

Easter Sunday started very lazily. Paul made us breakfast then we chilled out watching films and ate Easter eggs before it was time to start doing the last few bits for the party. Furniture needed to be moved around, speakers needed to be set up, drinks were set out and most importantly I set up my little treat station. I had a table were I had my birthday cake, Easter robin nests, salted caramel brownies and a Donut wall all set up looking amazing. After not eating chocolate for so long I'd gained a few cravings for things I wanted to have on my birthday. I did leave room on the table for some savoury things I was popping in the oven later though. I didn't want to make people sick by having too much sweet stuff out now. By 8pm all of my friends had turned up and we had such a fab time drinking, eating and having a good catch up.

I was very lucky this Birthday to be able to spend two amazing days with family and friends, I was also spoilt by all these amazing people in my life too.

Paul treated me to a Super dry hoody and a pair of vans when we went to the York Outlet's and then he also gave me some money to spend on whatever I wanted on Asos. Some people took the mick out of him for that saying that it was a cop out and not a great present. But it just shows how much he knows me and my addiction to Asos. It was the perfect idea as it means that I can go and find lots of nice new bits that I want for spring and to take on holiday.

My Mum, Sister and my Sister partner all chipped in together and bought me some jewellery from a place called Skinny Wrists. I got this beautiful feather bangle and a heart choker. I don't have many nice pieces of jewellery, most of mine is costume jewellery. So its really nice to have a few pieces that are nice and longer lasting. I love chokers and I seem to have an obsession with hearts and feathers so these two pieces were perfect for me.

My best friend got me a bag that I'd been eyeing up in River Island. Its a light grey cross body bag, that has a faux suede front and three compartments to it. Its not too big and bulky, but its also not too small so you cant fit anything in it.

I got a lot of Gin from friends who came to the party on Sunday. They know how much I love Gin and I've definitely got enough to last me a while now. I got two big bottles of the Bombay Sapphire, a bottle of the pink Gordons and a bottle Boe Scottish bramble gin which I've never tried before and I'm really looking forward to tasting this.

I also got a bit of money and some vouchers inside birthday cards, which I've already spent on some new clothes. You will see everything I've been buying lately and what I bought from Asos too in an upcoming post.


That's everything I got up to this year and was luckily enough to receive. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I got up to.

ReRe

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me